A medical insurance policy, commonly known as health insurance, covers medical expenses for illnesses or injuries. What it does is that it reimburses your bills or pays the medical care provider directly on your behalf. A comprehensive health policy covers many things like the cost of hospitalization, day-care procedures, medical care at home (domiciliary hospitalization), ambulance charges, amongst others.
A health insurance plan helps you stay covered and protects you against various diseases. Additionally, it helps you boost your tax savings.
- Cashless Treatment : If you are insured, you are eligible and can get cashless treatments as your insurance provider would work in collaboration with various hospitals.
- Pre and post hospitalization cost coverage : The health insurance policy also covers pre and post-hospitalization charges up to a period of 60 days, depending on the insurance plan that you have purchased.
- Transportation Charges : The health insurance policy also covers the amount paid to the ambulance towards the transportation of the insured.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) : There is a bonus element that is paid to the insured if the insured does not file a claim for any treatment in the preceding year.
- Medical Check-up : Health Insurance policy also provides options for health check-ups. Free health check-up is also provided by some insurers based on your previous No Claim Bonus.
- Room Rent : The insurance policy also covers room expenses that depends on the premium being paid by the insured.
- Tax Benefit : Another benefit of a health insurance policy is that the premium paid on Health insurance is tax-deductible under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Secure Your Family’s Health With Policy Ensure