Motor insurance comes with the benefit of ensuring the policyholder against financial losses, such as those sustained by an insured vehicle due to an accident. As part of a comprehensive policy, you’re covered for damages to third parties and their property, as well as for compensation for your own losses.
Following are five major benefits of a motor Insurance Plan.
- Offers coverage for damage to property : Life is uncertain and the probability of damage to your vehicle during an accident is also quite high . The cost of repairs is a big expense and can cause a huge financial burden. Purchasing a motor insurance policy prevents and protects you against such expenses as your insurance provider will be the one who will bear a substantial percentage of the cost of repairs.
- Provides coverage for hospitalization costs : In case you sustain severe bodily injuries or fractures, you may require proper treatment at a hospital/nursing home. A motor insurance plan covers you and financially protects you against enormous medical costs. The plan covers all hospitalization expenses.
- Reduces your liability : According to the Motor Vehicles Act, it is mandatory to purchase a third-party liability insurance policy in India. This type of insurance policy reduces your liability in case an accident is caused by you. The insurance provider covers all damages caused to third-party property or injuries caused to a third party. Besides, you are covered from the legal repercussions, if a case is filed against you.
- Compensates the family in case of death : Accidents can result in huge losses and may also result in an unfortunate death of the vehicle owner. The family may face financial difficulties in an event of the death of the policyholder, especially if he/she was the sole earning member in the family. Motor vehicle insurance plans is very important as it provide a lumpsum amount in an event of death. This amount may be used by the family members of the deceased person to meet their financial obligations.
- Offers coverage for natural and man-made calamities : A motor insurance plan also provides protection against natural calamities such as flood, typhoon, cyclone, hailstorm, and hurricane, among many others. Not only that, it also provides coverage against man-made activities such as terrorism, fire, and strikes.
Secure Your Vehicle With Policy Ensure